Figure 4 Tough FR V0 Black 1kg
Figure 4 Tough FR V0 Black makes it easy to achieve tough, beautiful matte black, flame-retardant (FR) parts with high degrees of accuracy and detail. 3D Systems is excited to introduce a new FR material that distinguishes itself by being tough coupled with an exceptional elongation of break that measures as high as 45%.
This material delivers exceptional results in many key performance areas including fire resistance, fluid compatibility, UV stability, paint adhesion, and mechanical properties. Figure 4 Tough FR V0 Black is production-grade and stable. Parts were tested to 8 years of indoor and 1-year outdoor mechanical performance per ASTM D4329 and ASTM G194 methods.
Some of the industries that this material is ideally suited for includes aerospace, automotive, transportation, and consumer products.
- Self-extinguishing, flame-retardant material
- Capable of plating and painting
- No secondary thermal cure required
- Outstanding fluid compatibility with fuel turbine oil, hydraulic fluid, and IPA
- Achieve production efficiencies due to a shared base chemistry with SLA version of Tough FR V0 Black
Application examples include:
- Aircraft electrical connectors, knobs, grommets, and spacers
- End-use manufacturing of high-volume, small plastic parts
- Printed circuit board covers
- Electrical and under-hood housings
- Tough covers, hangers, and brackets
- Flame retardant parts for trains and buses