3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is an advanced ESD-Safe compound designed for use in critical applications that require electrostatic discharge (ESD) protection. Made using cutting-edge multi-wall carbon nanotube technology, state of the art compounding technology, and precision extrusion processes. Target surface resistance: 10^7 to 10^9 Ohm.
Benefits of 3DXSTAT™ include:
- Ideal for printing without a heated bed – no enclosure required
- Low shrink / warp – very easy to print
- Low odor – ideal for printing in public spaces / office environments
- Consistent and reliable surface resistance
- Improved retention of impact & elongation vs. similiar ESD-safe materials
- Low particulate contamination
- Minimal contribution to out-gassing and ionic contamination
Typical applications include:
- Semi-con: HDD Components, Housings, Wafer Handling, Jigs, Casings, & Connectors
- Industrial: Fixtures, Conveying, Metering, End-of-arm Tooling, and Sensing applications
Target conductivity for 3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA:
- Spec: 10^6 to 10^9 Ohm surface resistivity on 3DP sample using concentric ring method, target 10^7 Ohm
- Note: Internal studies have indicated that increased extruder temperatures can achieve higher levels of conductivity. Likewise, lower extruder temperatures have resulted in lower levels of conductivity. Each printer is set-up differently as well as varied part geometry. Therefore, expect some trial time to understand how this filament works in your specific printer / application.
Recommended Print Conditions:
- Extruder Temp: Typically 210-220°C. 3DXSTAT™ ESD PLA is a filled product and has a higher melt viscosity vs. unfilled PLA. Therefore, it is sometimes necessary to print at higher temperatures than your standard PLA to allow the resin to flow properly.
- Extrusion Multiplier: 1.15 – 1.20
- Extrusion Speed: 60mm/s or higher
- Bed Temp: 23-60°C
- Fan Speed: 50-100% starting on 2nd layer
- Bed Prep: Blue Tape, Hairspray on clean glass
- Support: Aquatek water soluble support works great to create complex parts.